Tuesday 23 September 2008

Anniversary Breakfast


Now, I won't be blogging about breakfast often - it is the most important meal of the day and all that, but it's also an occasion where you can be really pushed for time.

But today is mine and my boyfriend's 2 year anniversary - so I thought I'd make the effort!

The original plan had been croissants, but on finding how much lower in fat muffins are, I went with plan 'B' (approx 16g of fat in a butter croissant, 6g in a 'healthy' croissant - 2.5g in a muffin).

So this breakfast is very simply scrambled egg and healthy bacon (no rind) on a buttered muffin (I've discovered Flora Extra Light - look out for it, it's in a purple tub). To add some colour and different textures I then sauted (fried in very little oil - and just the spray kind at that) a large mushroom each, and added some cherry tomatoes.

To cook the tomatoes, I started off with them in the oven, again with a few quick sprays of oil) and then finished off sauteying them in a pan for quickness, taking them off the heat once the skins started to crack. Whilst my boyfriend was more concerned with the eggs and bacon, I was really pleasantly surprised by how sweet they ended up and would definately cook them like this again to add a different flavour to a dish.

No comments: