Tuesday 7 October 2008

Italian Pork with Garlic Spaghetti


This dish was very tasty and something you could certainly serve up to guests!

The sauce is simple, and the garlic spaghetti adds a nice twist to an otherwise blank accompaniment. I did wonder if all together it would be too much, but it worked really well.

I began by pan frying (with squirty cooking oil) the pork escalopes for 2 minutes on each side. I then added a chopped red onion and a crushed clove of garlic. Then I added some dried rosemary (1/2 tbsp), some lemon rind (1 tsp) and cooked it for 1 minute, stirring continuously.

I then added 150ml of chicken stock and 1 can of chopped tomatoes. This was left to simmer for about 15 minutes, by which time the sauce has thickened slightly.

Meanwhile I'd cooked some spaghetti according to the normal instructions. In another pan I had fried, in a tad of olive oil, a crushed clove of garlic and a pinch of salt, until the garlic was golden but not fully brown. Once I was ready to serve, I poured this mixture over the spaghetti and tossed it all together well.

No comments: